• Reads and understands blueprints geometric dimensioning and tolerances
• Ability to set up tooling in CNC-type machines. Understand work coordinate systems involved in both
CNC mills and lathes.
• Understands feeds, speeds, and depths of cut to ensure machine efficiency and tool life longevity.
• Broad knowledge of various cutting tools and methods including drilling, boring, turning, milling, and grinding.
• May perform first-piece inspections.
• Review work instructions and specifications to determine the proper procedure, machining sequence, and
dimensions of the finished workpiece.
• Ability to work with various fixturing and clamping devices when needed in setups.
• Ability to read and understand set-up work instructions.
• Able to read programs and modify or update as needed, including debugging alarm messages, using offsets and
cutter comps, loading new programs, and saving modified programs
• High School Degree or equivalent.
• 2+ years of related work experience on machining equipment, CNC preferred, such as mills or lathes in a
manufacturing environment, and can operate more than one machine at one time.
• Must be able and willing to provide setup guidance and coaching to less experienced machining personnel.