East Coast Sales Representative
Title: East Coast Sales Representative
We are currently seeking a motivated and experienced Sales Representative to join our client. As a premier manufacturer of high-end medical devices, the preferred candidate will have experience working in the medical device manufacturing industry and/or plastics industry.
Title: East Coast Sales Representative
Role: This Salesperson will represent the East Coast by developing new business and managing current accounts. They will be expected to travel to current accounts and potential clients to build and sustain a relationship. The Sales Representative will also establish and manage plans to reach specific sales objectives, profitable growth, and value-added service proposals. They will also work closely with the VP of Sales to close deals.
Location: Fully remote with travel obligations. Headquarters located in Milwaukee Metropolitan Area.
Responsibilities and Functions
The Bio/Pharma & Medical Device East Coast Sales Representative will work independently and in a team environment, owning and supporting customers while being accountable for driving sustainable, profitable revenue growth by:
- Building relationships, projecting company values of trust, service, and honesty, identifying strategic long-term clients, developing attractive and profitable injection molding and value-added service proposals, and ultimately securing substantial and repeatable orders.
- Developing business with existing and new customers.
- Creating and actively managing plans to reach specific sales objectives, profitable growth, and market share/image improvements.
- Providing technical expertise and assisting customers in selecting the best rapid manufacturing technology for their development projects.
- Being the point-of-contact for all new projects related to prototyping and low-volume production.
- Providing guidance to our Sales Engineering team to develop quotes based on specific customer needs. Ensuring new customer requirements are collected and made available for internal departments to initiate project management.
- Delivering technical presentations at customer seminars and industry events.
- Collecting and reporting on industry trends, competitor information, and customer events.
- Establishing high-wide-deep relationships at targeted customers and markets to gain greater understanding of stated and unstated needs, business strategies, etc.
- Developing and executing formal account plans to meet short and long-term growth goals.
- Establishing and managing a robust project opportunity pipeline by identifying, validating, and advancing new opportunities to position the available value-added services and manufacturing.
- Engaging new target customers to support key strategic initiatives and long-term growth goals.
- Proactively working with operations and customer service to respond to complex customer inquiries; to deliver timely quotations, to negotiate prices and delivery times and to resolve customer complaints.
- Establishing and building sustainable, collaborative relationships with the healthcare and medical support teams (Marketing, Customer Service, Operations, R&D, etc.) to conduct joint customer visits and ensure best-in-class fulfillment of customer needs and completion of customer projects.
- Understanding and communicating market trends, customers’ strategies, and competitive intelligence and overall market landscape. Utilize this information to establish the sell price and profit margin in collaboration with the healthcare and medical support teams.
- Maintaining and reporting accurate records and project opportunity statuses in Salesforce CRM and issue monthly reports.
- Professionally representing and promoting the company’s Healthcare and Medical segment at regional tradeshows and conferences as required.
- Increasing brand awareness and identifying marketing needs in territory, ensuring full compliance with Standard Operating Procedures including Quality Manual and Quality Procedures. Becoming a subject matter expert for the company’s Healthcare and Medical business with the goal of being a consultative sales professional for our customers.
- 2+ Years of Injection Molding Sales Experience OR 4 Years of Manufacturing Sales Experience
- Results Driven
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency
- Ability to Work in a Team Environment
- Demonstrated Prospecting and Sales Planning Skills
- Contract Manufacturing in Medical Device Experience
- Engineering or Manufacturing Background (PREFERRED)
- Ability to Work well in a Fast-Paced Startup Environment
- Zoom/Teams and Salesforce CRM Experience (PREFERRED)
- Negotiation Skills and Ability to Upsell Products and Services
- Excellent Communication/Presentation Skills: Written & Verbal
- Experience or Basic Use with 3D CAD Modeling Software (i.e. eDrawings)
- Proven Closer of Technical Sales as well as Long-Duration Sales Cycle Project
- Knowledge of Plastic Product Development is Beneficial
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 and FDA Quality Requirements is Beneficial
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (preferably in Engineering or Business)
If you are interested in this position, please apply here or send your resume to email@example.com or contact me directly at (850) 777-3049.