Our client in Troy, AL is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join their team. This position will be working in a highly regulated environment and SAFETY must come first.
- 5+ years of maintenance experience in the manufacturing facility or similar environment (Metal manufacturing and fabrication environments preferred)
- Able to work in various work environments (inside/outside/heat)
- Ability to MIG & Stick Weld
- Experience working with gearboxes, augers, motors (up to 480)
- Proper use of various equipment and job-related-Hammer Mill, Mechanical Brake, Screw Auger, Float Sink Tank
- Prolonged periods of walking, standing, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, climbing, or kneeling
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Ability to pass the company forklift certification (written & hands-on)
- Must pass pre-employment medical screening.
- Daily operation of forklift, scissor lift, and/or front-end loader
- Greasing equipment and machines
- Change bearings, blades, chains, sprockets, etc.
- Un-wire and re-wire motors up to 480
- Install and provide regular maintenance of gearboxes
- Diagnose equipment issues
- Perform needed repairs and regular maintenance of all equipment
- Accurately complete required paperwork
- Understand and utilize Maintenance Software
- Report safety hazards/concerns to the Supervisor/Management
- Inform the Supervisor/Management of any damaged or broken material/equipment
- General housekeeping of the work area
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Permanent/Full-time
Location: Montgomery-Troy, AL
Hourly Range: $24.00 – $30.00 Depending on Experience
Hiring for Multiple Shifts: 1st (6am-2pm) or 2nd (2pm-10pm)
- Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off