The company is a publicly traded, $27BB automotive, industrial, and building products manufacturer that is over 100 years old with over 50,000 employees globally. In North America the company has 4,500 employees spread across 11 plants. The company is looking for a Production Supervisor/Coordinator for their plant in the Birmingham/McCalla, AL area that has 250+ employees with approximately $100MM in annual revenue.
A qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor/Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Three (3+) plus years of experience in a production leadership role in an automotive, food or industrial manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Good understanding of 5S and lean principals
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills