Title: Tooling Engineer
Are you a seasoned Tooling Engineer ready to make a real impact? Join our client, a fast-growing manufacturer of high-precision plastic components and assemblies. Since 1987, they’ve built a remarkable track record of success, with continuous profitability and a strong commitment to reinvestment. Now, they’re seeking an experienced engineer like you to lead their expanding tooling department to the next level.
Role: As the Tooling Engineer you would be responsible for managing all tasks associated with tooling from initial kick-off through dimensional maturation and validation. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Collaborate with vendors to develop tooling maturation plans using the TCF and conduct advanced feasibility reviews for new components.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams in tool design reviews and ensure tool designs are approved by all relevant parties before beginning production.
- Direct the automation team, including end-of-arm tooling (EOAT), and approve the final automation plans.
- Review and approve metrology layout plans, providing direction and samples to the metrology lab as needed.
- Ensure tooling and capability items are optimized post-production trials and participate in technical reviews with Program Managers.
- Offer guidance on mold repairs, enforce and improve tool design standards, and stay informed on industry trends through trade publications, shows, and demos.
- Manage tooling schedules and support business development by providing tooling cost estimates, participating in manufacturability reviews, and assisting in the development of tooling concepts.
- Oversee administrative tasks including managing sample schedules, maintaining a tool status matrix, supporting job cost tracking, handling customer tooling inquiries, and collaborating with Program Managers to resolve issues.
- Handle supplier purchase orders, including assignment, dispatch, and documentation of tooling assets.
- High School Diploma, BS in Engineering Preferred
- Blueprint reading and understanding of component drawings/CAD files
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of basic office machines (copier, fax, adding machine
- CAD Operation
- This position requires the ability to stoop, squat, and climb stairs, lift up to 40 pounds, and walk and stand for prolonged periods.
- This position requires the physical dexterity and ability to negotiate around an office area, warehouse, manufacturing equipment, and a crowded and busy working area; have the ability of eyesight and hearing (corrected). This position requires the ability to physically perform all aspects of the job without significant accommodation.
Human Relation Skills
- This position requires team team-oriented approach to interface with internal and external customers; and the ability to communicate with and maintain interpersonal skills with all members of the organization.
Measurements of Performance:
The Tooling Engineer will be considered as performing satisfactorily when the following are accomplished:
- When the above responsibilities and duties are accomplished in a timely and effective manner
- The output of the position is accomplished by customer requirements
- Compliance with all safety and regulatory issues is met with no major safety violations
- TS16949 Standards, processes, or duties assigned are performed within their TS16949 program parameters
- Maintain ISO4001 standards and documentation
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Location: Monticello, IN
If you are interested in this position, please apply here or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me directly at (850) 846-3503.