Tooling Program Manager
Tooling Program Manager
The Program Manager is the primary customer service advocate and champion and ensures the customer has a world-class experience during the new business development phase.
- Must have experience managing projects that involve injection-molded plastics
- Experience launching new programs with Tier I automotive suppliers or automotive customers is highly desirable
- Must have strong tooling and some design background
- Must have experience with 3D CAD modeling software (Solidworks)
- Must have experience working alongside clients and manufacturing teams while developing products
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferred), manufacturing engineering, or business or technical equivalent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume accountability for enhancing the customer experience, adhering to project timelines, and achieving set deliverables. Coordinate efforts across the organization to support customer needs, project goals, and overall objectives.
- Maintain active involvement throughout all project phases, spanning from initial project allocation to the secure launch phase.
- Lead collaborative efforts within cross-functional teams, overseeing the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process.
- Coordinate and facilitate comprehensive design assessments and gain approval from the Tooling Director, promoting effective cross-functional communication.
- Deliver comprehensive tooling solutions, systems, and production processes to the operations team, ensuring the resolution of functional and dimensional concerns before the Start of Production (SOP).
- Ensure the attainment of cost targets, including Bill of Materials (BOM) costs, tooling expenses, engineering expenses, and Engineering Change Order (ECO) budgets.
- Regularly update customers on project timelines
- Actively participate in all tool samplings
- Supervise the validation of overseas tooling through runoff processes before granting approval for tool shipment.
- Travel as necessary to support customer demands visit suppliers for tool quality oversight, and ensure alignment with project schedules and customer expectations.
- Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental Vision, Life
- 401K with match
- Opportunity for growth/career development
Classification: Exempt, Permanent, Full-time
100% on site
Salary Range: $90,000-$110,000